Wrap Around Care - tendering process
Friday 10th March 2023
To Interested Parties,
Your company may wish to offer a tender for the provision of before, after-school and holiday care, at St Philip’s CE (A) Primary School to the specification outlined in this letter.
Scope and objectives of the project
This Invitation to Tender (ITT) offers skilled and qualified companies the chance to provide before, after-school and holiday care to our pupils – our current provision is run in-house. The successful company will be expected to start providing at the earliest opportunity and before the end of summer term on 19th July 2023.The clubs will run from 7:30am to 8:45am and 3:10pm to 6:00pm Monday to Friday during term time and for a full day during the school holidays. The successful tenderer will be awarded a suggested 3 years (extendable by mutual agreement) contract, with a six month probationary period to provide this care to our pupils.
The successful tenderer will work closely with the headteacher, school business manager (SBM) and designated safeguarding lead to ensure the terms and conditions of the contract and child protection and safeguarding legislation are adhered to correctly.
The school is committed to providing high-quality childcare as part of our provision for the community. Our ethos is founded on providing an inclusive, nurturing and supportive environment. We expect the ethos of the successful tenderer to align fully with our views.
To ensure the tenderer conforms to statutory guidance and processes, applicants must adhere to the school’s following policies: which can be found on the school website.
- Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy
- Supporting Pupils with Medical Conditions Policy
- Behaviour Policy
To be eligible for the tender, your organisation must be able to evidence the following:
- Relevant certificates of conformity, e.g. for Paediatric first aid and food handling.
- Conformity of standards, e.g. in health and safety provision and insurance cover
- Relevant qualifications and experience
- Descriptions of the technical services and facilities you provide
- Quality control procedures
- Details of previously delivered services
- References from previous customers including both parents and schools
- Evidence of any relevant security checks e.g. DBS certificate
We expect the provider to:
- Offer pupils a safe, secure and stimulating environment.
- Provide pupils with care 7:30am -8:45am and from 3:10pm to 6pm, including giving pupils a healthy snack.
- Provide pupils with holiday and INSET care
- Communicate directly with parents.
- Maintain a good relationship with the School
- Be suitably qualified to provide the management and delivery of care for 3- to 11-year-olds.
- Have suitable safeguarding provisions in place to ensure the safety of pupils and workers.
- Provide staff members with adequate training.
Your company will need to complete the application form. All application forms need to be submitted by 12noon on Friday 14th April 2023. The school will treat all the information you offer as strictly confidential and we expect you to do the same with information relating to the school.
All parties involved will act in accordance with their data protection policies, wider statutory guidance and privacy laws.
If you have any questions regarding the tendering process you may contact the school at Finance@stphilips.cambs.sch.uk by Friday 24th March 2023.You can also, at any time before the submission closing date, choose to withdraw your interest without prejudice by contacting Finance@stphilips.cambs.sch.uk.
By registering your interest and submitting an application to tender, you are acknowledging that:
- You are willing to carry out the contract in accordance with this invitation and in accordance with the terms you have set out in your submission.
- You will comply with all the terms and conditions, as set out in this ITT and your application pack.
- All information, representations, evidence, qualifications and other matters, e.g. quality control procedures, are accurate and followed in practice.
- You have researched and completed your own investigations and are satisfied that your organisation can fulfil the terms of the tender contract, should your submission be accepted.
- You are satisfied with the pricing you have put forward to the school, and the efficiency of all detailed costings.
- You have full power and authority within your organisation to enter into a tendering contract, should your submission be accepted.
- Your organisation is of sound financial standing and has sufficient resources, working capital, skilled staff and other equipment available to you to carry out the terms of any tendering contract that may be offered.
- Your organisation has obtained and can maintain all necessary consents, licenses and permissions to enable you to provide the services that may be offered.
When submitting an application, the organisation must:
- Adhere to the terms and conditions set out in this document.
- Include and complete all the requirements set out in the application form.
- Submit the tender by the date and time specified below.
- The opening date for submissions is Thursday 9th March
- Submissions will close on Friday 14th April at 12pm
- Shortlisting of applications will be completed by Friday 21st April 6pm
- Interviews will be held on Tuesday 2nd May (timings tbc)
We look forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best in your tendering application.