The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers. It is allocated to children from low-income families who are currently known to be eligible for free school meals, looked after children, children adopted from care and service children. It also includes pupils who have been eligible for free school meals at any point in the last six years.
Further Government information about Pupil Premium funding can be found here.
If you think your child may eligible to receive this additional funding and support but are not sure whether the school are aware of this, please speak in confidence to Mrs Allan or Miss Haswell. Alternatively, please complete the form linked below and return it to the school office - we will then check eligibility and ensure that the school receives all funding due to support your child.
The benefits of registering for pupil premium include:
- Free school meals (these continue into KS2)
- Opportunities for subsidised music tuition
- Opportunities for free after school clubs
- Funded places or subsidised school trips
- Extra funding for pastoral intervention in school
- Extra money for school to spend on raising attainment
Download the application form here
In the financial year 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021, Pupil Premium funding will be:
- £1,345 for each eligible primary aged pupil
- £955 for each eligible secondary aged pupil
- £2,345 for Looked After Children (LAC) and Previously Looked After Children (PLAC)
- £310 for pupils eligible for Service Pupil Premium
Schools are free to spend the Pupil Premium as they see fit. We use it for a range of academic, pastoral and enrichment purposes with the general aim that all children deserve the best regardless of background. We are held accountable for how we have used the additional funding to support eligible pupils and each year we publish a statement which details how we plan to spend this funding which you can view below.
We also publish evaluations on how we spent the previous year’s grant which shows how we made a difference to the well-being or attainment of the pupils.
Please see here for the review of pupil premium expenditure 2019-20
Please see here for the update pupil premium plan 2020-21 (Jan 2021)