The school's Headteacher will deal with all subject access requests received.This is based on advice from the Information Commissioner's Office guidance.
On receiving a request, our Data Protection Officer will contact the individual to confirm the request was made. We will then verify the identity of the person making a request using reasonable means. Generally, this means we will ask for two forms of identification.
In most cases, we will provide the information within 1 month, and free of change. If the request is complex or numerous, we can comply within 3 months, but we will inform the individual of this within 1 month and explain why the extension is necessary.
We recognise that school holidays are counted in the response time and if we receive a request in the school holidays, we will still respond within the same time frame.
If the request is unfounded or excessive, we will either:
- charge a reasonable fee for you to comply, based on the administrative cost of providing the information
- refuse to respond
- comply within 3 months, rather than the usual deadline of 1 month; however, we will always inform the individual of this and will explain why
Usually, unfounded or excessive means that the request is repetitive, or asks for further copies of the same information.
When we refuse a request, we will:
- respond to them within 1 month
- explain why we are refusing the request
- inform the individual that they have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
Subject Access Request Form